Tattoos are no longer considered permanent and irreversible designs or marks on the skin. Dermatologic surgeons can safely and effectively use different techniques to successfully remove unwanted tattoos.
Why remove a tattoo?
People seek removal of Tattoos for different reasons
- Allergic reactions
- Regrets about the decision – change of girlfriend/boyfriend, marriage
- Seeking or obtaining new employment
- Replacing one tattoo with another
Tattoo removal at the Venkat center
Different options include surgery, Lasers and older techniques such as dermabrasion.
Q Nd Yag laser is considered as the safest and most effective method now.
How many sessions are needed?
Between 3-6 depending on colour, depth etc.
Are there Side effects?
Usually no; there may be mild redness and burning which are treated easily.
What is the intercal between the sessions?
Between 6-8 weeks.
What is R20 method?
If patient can not come to clinic repeatedly, this method can be used, where in 4 treatments are given at 20 minute intervals. However there may be more redness and irritation.
Automatic switching of slides is set at 30 seconds per slide. Please use the arrows at the bottom left corner of the slide to change the slides at your own pace.
What you need to know
- Professionally applied tattoos tend to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin.
- Professional tattoos made with some of the newer inks and pastel colors may be difficult to remove entirely.
- Red, Yellow, Deeper blue and black ink colors are particularly challenging.
- Newer tattoos often tend to be more difficult to remove than older ones.
- Complete tattoo removal is not always possible.
- Some level of scarring or skin color variation is a strong possibility.
- Tattoo removal is always done on an outpatient basis.